Minnesota Valley Transit Authority
Minnesota Valley Transit Authority (MVTA) is the public transportation provider for the businesses and residents of Burnsville, Apple Valley, Eagan, Rosemount and Savage. MVTA provides bus service to downtown Minneapolis, downtown St. Paul, University of Minnesota, Mall of America and between local communities.
Founded in 1990, MVTA has seen steady ridership growth. The main office for customer service is located in Burnsville, with bus garages located in Eagan and Burnsville. Five transit stations are located in Apple Valley, Eagan and Burnsville, with five park and ride lots located in the south suburban service communities. The MVTA also serves as an agent for Jefferson Lines at the Burnsville Transit Station where residents can board buses to travel to national destinations.
- Fax: 952-882-7600
- Hours: Bus service: Daily, 5am - 11pm. Main office: Mon - Fri, 4:45am - 9pm.
- Handicap Accessible: Burnsville Transit Station serves as a transfer station for Metro Mobility, Transit Link, Smart Link and regular route buses.
- Founding Date: 1990
- Number of daily departures, arrivals: 17055
- Reach: Local, National, Regional/commuter
- Number of retail/service outlets: 2
- Transportation: Bus
- Rental cars: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Parking durations available: Short-term
- Payments accepted: Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Senior, Student
- Wi-Fi: None