• Shoe recycling: Got some old chucks, heels or sneakers you'd like to get rid of? Don't toss them in the trash. Recycle! For the next six days, residents will be able to drop off unwanted shoes during a collection coordinated by Dakota Valley Recycling, a partnership between the Cities of Apple Valley, Burnsville and Eagan.
Burnsville area residents can turn in shoes at the , at 251 Civic Center Parkway, from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Sunday. The collection container is located inside the building.
• Burnsville Planning Commission will meet tonight at 6:30 p.m. at .
• Council Worksession at 6:30 p.m. at city hall: This meeting will be devoted primarily to city budget negotiations, though the council will also reconsider its proclamation policy and hear reports from its advisory boards. In a separate order of business, the council will conduct interviews of candidates for the Black Dog Watershed Management Organization Commission.
• Late Start: All schools in Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District 191 will start two hours later on Wednesday. The school day will end at the regular time.
Special proviso for kindergarten kids: Students in half-day morning class will attend school all day on Nov. 16. The half-day afternoon kindergarten students will not attend school on Wednesday.
• Burnsville-Eagan-Savage Board of Education meets at 6:30 p.m. at the . The board will approve recent
• Book Fair: will be hosting a Book Fair in conjunction with from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Student artwork will be on display and a contingent of kids will also be providing musical accompaniment.