• The Planning Commission will consider a request to allow Midas Resources and Genesis Communications Network put up a large satellite dish onto a building in Burnsville that fronts on I-35W. See previous coverage: Talk Radio Network Buys Former Coldwell Banker Burnet Building for $1.4 Million
• Thrift Store Study: On Tuesday, the council will take up the topic of thrift stores once again, after shooting down a request from The Arc (which hoped to turn a defunct big box retail space into a thrift store), and then instituted a ban of up to one year on any further such retail developments. See previous coverage:
• 2013 MnDOT 35 & 35E Project Presentation: The Minnesota Department of Transportation will outline its plans for the interstate highway bisecting Burnsville. The agency plans to do extensive repairs on the road, which could close significant portions of I-35 for up to 30 days in the summer of 2013.
• Discussion on City Manager Position Profile: The city will soon begin looking for a replacement for City Manager Craig Ebeling, who recently announced that he would retire in spring.
• A meeting of the Board of Education for the Burnsville-Eagan-Savage School District is scheduled at the Diamondhead Senior Campus for 6:30 p.m. The agenda has not been released yet.