Patients in need of blood donations include cancer patients, trauma victims, organ transplant recipients and premature babies, according to the American Red Cross.
The American Red Cross provided the following list of blood donation opportunities in Dakota County from Jan. 16-31:
- Jan. 16 from 2-7 p.m. at Community of Hope, 14401 Biscayne Ave. West in Rosemount
- Jan. 18 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Caribou Coffee, 3868 150th St. in Rosemount
- Jan. 18 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Qdoba, 1298 Promenade Place in Eagan
- Jan. 19 from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. at Beth Jacob Congregation, 1179 Victoria Curve in Mendota Heights
- Jan. 20 from 1-6 p.m. at St. John’s Catholic Church, 106 Main St. West in Vermillion
- Jan. 20 from 2-8 p.m. at Church of St. Joseph, 1154 Seminole Ave. in West St. Paul
- Jan. 21 from 12-6 p.m. at Mary, Mother of the Church, 3333 Cliff Road in Burnsville
- Jan. 23 from 1:30-7:30 p.m. at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 7600 Cahill Ave. East in Inver Grove Heights
- Jan. 24 from 12-6 p.m. at Hosanna Lutheran Church, 9600 163rd St. West in Lakeville
- Jan. 25 from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at St. Paul’s United Methodist Church, 700 Wesley Lane in Mendota Heights, Minn.
- Jan. 25 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Dakota County Wescott Library, 1340 Wescott Road in Eagan
- Jan. 27 from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, 400 W. Ninth St. in Hastings
- Jan. 28 from 1-7 p.m. at Our Saviour’s Lutheran Church, 400 W. Ninth St. in Hastings
- Jan. 29 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Apple Valley Medical Center, 14655 Galaxie Ave. in Apple Valley
- Jan. 31 from 1-6 p.m. at Advent United Methodist Church, 3945 Lexington Ave. South in Eagan
To sign-up to give blood, make an appointment on the American Red Cross website or call 800-733-2767. Bring to the appointment a blood donor card, a driver's license or two other forms of identification. Eligible donors are 17 years old and older, weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health. In Minnesota 16-year-old students can donate blood with parental consent. More details about eligibility requirements are available online.