Several families were left out in the cold after a fire that struck an Eagan apartment building during the wee hours of Thanksgiving morning.
The fire began at about 3:30 a.m. at 4565 Slater Road, one of the buildings in the Cinnamon Ridge apartment complex, which is located on the Burnsville-Eagan border. Flames had penetrated all three floors when firefighters arrived on the scene, the Star Tribune reports. About 24 units had to be evacuated, displacing about 20 people.
The fire rendered six apartments uninhabitable due to damages from heavy smoke and water. No one was seriously hurt, though one resident suffered minor burns.
Eagan Fire Chief Mike Scott told KARE 11 that the fire was likely started by a stray cigarette.