~Written by Wendy Erlien
Would you like to help schools in Burnsville earn some extra money?
The “Give with Target” program was announced in August with Target asking customers to help allocate up to $5 million to schools nationwide. Community members have until Sept. 21 to cast their vote.
How it works
Select a K-12 school from the list of eligible schools on the Target website and vote for it until Sept. 21, 2013 or Target determines $5 million has been awarded.
Once a school has received 25 votes, Target will donate $1 per vote, with a maximum donation of $10,000 per school, according to Target.
To vote for your favorite school in Burnsville, click on the link below for details. Vote totals listed are as of Tuesday, Sept. 17 on the Target website.
- Edward Neill Elementary (106 votes)
- Echo Park Elementary (53 votes)
- Gideon Pond Elementary (100 votes)
- Sky Oaks Elementary (119 votes)
- Sioux Trail Elementary School (289 votes)
- Vista View Elementary School (198 votes)
- William Byrne Elementary School (204 votes)
- Metcalf Junior High (21 votes)
- Nicollet Junior High (59 votes)
- Burnsville Senior High School (48 votes)
There is also a listing for:
- Adult Basic Education at Diamondhead Educational Center (13 votes)
If you don’t see the school you would like to donate to on the list, you can search on the Target website.
“The response to last year’s Give With Target program was overwhelmingly positive, and we are excited to invite our guests to designate $5 million to their schools this year,” said Laysha Ward, president, community relations, Target. “By rallying communities across the country in support of education, Target is playing a role in helping put more kids on the path to high school graduation.”
Which school do you think people should vote for? Add your “shout out” in comments below!