He brought you into this world. He provided invaluable advice you rely on to this day. He was there for you at times of crisis, and as you grew older, he helped you wrestle with life's tough questions.
Sound like your dad? Want him to know how much you appreciate all his efforts on your behalf? Patch is here to help.
Tell us in the comments below this story why your dad rocks, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and he just might win the $50 gift card we're giving away to a special dad in one of our Dakota County Patches.
You have until 6 p.m. Saturday, June 16, to tell us why your dad is the greatest father in Dakota County. You can also upload your favorite photographs of dad.
We'll announce the winner just after noon on Father's Day so you can let him know the $50 gift certificate (to either in Burnsville or in Mendota Heights) is his. More important, he'll be able to read your story here on Patch.
Since we know that the special dad in your life just might be your guardian, grandfather, husband or even yourself, don’t be shy about entering.
So get ready to show Dad why he’s so awesome, by sharing his (or your) story on Patch!
The legal stuff:
- Open to legal residents of the 50 United States, the District of Columbia who are 18 and older.
- To enter, simply post your comment or photo, or email us telling us why your dad is the greatest.
- All entries must be received by noon Friday, June 15, Central Time.
- You may enter once.
- One winner will be selected in a random drawing.
- Prize: A $50 gift certificate to either The Buzz Coffee & Cafe in Burnsville or Fischerville Coffee House in Mendota Heights.
- Click here for complete Official Rules.