Time to get your Irish on!
With St. Patrick's Day falling on Sunday, March 17, this year, the weekend is shaping up to be a two-day celebration. And remember: In honor of the occasion, this Saturday the Minnesota Valley Transit Authority will be offering free rides (sponsored by MillerLite) on Routes 441, 444 and 445 buses from 6 p.m. until the end of the service day.
Check out these local events, then scroll down for more festivities nearby.
South Metro Events
- McKracken's in Burnsville will be serving up green shots, green beer and corned beef and cabbage this weekend.
- Granite City in Eagan will roll out its new Burning Barn Irish Red Ale to mark St. Patrick's Day in Eagan. The restaurant is also putting the "Happy" back in Happy Hour with $5 signature drinks, martinis, Skinny drinks and glasses of wine, plus $3 20 oz. taps and specials on small plates.
- Looking for corned beef and cabbage? Head to Houlihan's in Eagan, where they're serving up the traditional Irish dish all week, plus green beer and reuben sandwiches. The restaurant will also have specials on Irish Car Bombs and jello shots.
- Wildcats Bar & Grill is also dishing up $9.95 corned beef and cabbage on Sunday for all you Irish purists, plus $3 green beer starting on Friday and going until the keg is empty.
Twin Cities Events
- The St. Patrick's Association will host the 47th annual St. Patrick's Day parade beginning at noon on Saturday, March 16. The parade route will follow 5th Street in downtown St. Paul and has more than 100 floats signed up.
- Not to be outdone, Minneapolis is hosting its own Irish parade at 6:30 p.m. on Saturday. The route starts at Nicollet and 11th Street and heads over to 5th Street.
- The Landmark Center is St. Paul is hosting a performance by The Irish Music & Dance Association featuring regional and local Irish dance, vendors, Irish cuisine, pipe bands and more. The celebration starts at 10 a.m. on March 16 and 11 a.m. on March 17.
- O'Gara's Bar and Grill in St. Paul will have more than enough beer to go around on St. Patrick's Day, plus outdoor musical performances all afternoon on Saturday and Sunday.
Didn't see your event on our St. Patrick's Day list? Post a comment below and we'll add it to our guide!