Deer hunting licenses in Minnesota are now available for community members.
Hunters who want an either-sex deer or special hunt permit for the coming season must apply by Thursday, Sept. 5, said the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR).
Hunters can purchase a deer license and apply for the lottery or a special hunt at any DNR license agent, such as these in Burnsville:
- Holiday Stationstore #410: 900 West Burnsville Parkway
- Holiday Stationstore #213: 14150 Irving Avenue South
- Holiday Stationstore #412: 12290 Nicollet Avenue
- Walmart Supercenter #5977: 12200 River Ridge Boulevard
- Dakota County License Center: 1101 County Road 42 West
- Dick's Sporting Goods #265: 901 County Road 42 West
A license can also be purchased by telephone at 888-665-4236 or online at www.mndnr.gov/buyalicense.
Fifty-eight of the state’s 129 permit areas are lottery areas. The number of permit areas designated as lottery is unchanged from 2012. The number of either-sex permits available has increased about 10 percent, according to the DNR.
Hunters can apply for lottery deer areas and special hunts using both their firearm and muzzleloader licenses. Lottery winners will be notified in October, according to the Minnesota Department of National Resources.
~Written by Patch Editor Wendy Erlien
Information provided by the Minnesota Department of Resources