THIS WEEK: Council to Reconsider Country Village Rental License
Find out what;s going on in the Burnsville-Savage area this week.
• Dazzling Dave, National Yo-Yo Master: Yo-Yo guru Dazzling Dave is renowned for his use of hi-tech yo-yos and amazing tricks. He will be performing at the Burnhaven Library at 1:30 p.m. Appropriate for all ages.
• Savage City Council Meeting: This week the council will consider a mining permit for Karl Bohn and Prior Lake Aggregate, improvements to Warren Butler Park (Pacer Field), and a new subdivision Twin Ponds Estates. The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in the Council's Chambers at City Hall.
• Burnsville City Council Meeting: This week the city council will consider giving the landlords of Country Village a new license. The complex was shut down in January due to squalid conditions. The meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. in the Council's Chambers at City Hall.
• Burnhaven Library Book Group: All are welcome to join this book group, which starts at Burnhaven Library at 7 p.m. No registration is required.
• Savage Economic Development Commission: The commission meets at 7:15 a.m. in the Council's Chambers at City Hall.
• KidPower with Rachael: This free kids' show combines a sing-along to fun and a live animals. The show begins at 10:30 a.m. at Burnhaven. Appropriate for all ages.
• Wednesday In The Park: Will Hale will perform at this week's free mid-week concert. If the weather holds out, the performance will be held outdoors at the Civic Center Amphitheater, with a rain location at Nicollet Jr. High. Audience members are asked to please bring a non-perishable food item donation to exchange for a Pepsi-product soft drink. The event runs from 7 p.m. to 9 at Civic Center Park. To see a full schedule of free movies and music in Burnsville, click here.
• Michael Monroe: Monroe, a folksinger from the North Shore, has been featured on a PBS documentary. His music is described as a rich mix of vocals, guitar, bamboo and glass flutes. He will perform in Savage as a part of the city's free summer concert series. The show starts at 7 p.m. at the McColl Pond ELC, 13550 Dakota Avenue.
• Thursday Rockin’ Lunch Hour: Concert by Kidz Dance | Story by Kristine Black – Gideon Pond Principal. Noon performances at Nicollet Commons Park are back! These performances will run throughout the summer and are geared toward preschool-aged audiences. Grab the kids and come down to the park for a rockin’ good time! Prior to Rockin’ Lunch Hour Concerts, area principals will read to kids for 20 minutes. Sponsored by Independent School District 191 and City of Burnsville. 11:15 AM - 2:00 PM @ Nicollet Commons Park
• Savage Planning Commission: The meeting begins at 7 p.m. in the Council's Chambers at City Hall.
• Goodrich Ribbon Cutting: For one day only, Goodrich will open its doors to the public and show off its newly expanded facility. The event runs from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at 14300 Judicial Road.
• Sunday Night Music in the Park: Q The Clique performs during this free concerts at Nicollet Commons Park. The event begins at 7 p.m. To see a full schedule of free movies and music in Burnsville, click here.