Dreaming of a Green Christmas? Here's Where to Get a Christmas Tree in Burnsville
From parking lots to tree farms, in Burnsville and beyond.
1) Minnesota Valley YMCA: For many years, the Twin Cities YMCA has sold Christmas trees at various lots around the region. The nearest is at the Minnesota Valley YMCA, located at 13850 Portland Ave. S. Hours for each lot may vary, but generally the lots should be open Monday through Friday from 4:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. and Saturday through Sunday from 9:00 a.m. to 9 p.m. The Y will sell trees through Dec. 23.
2) Silver Bell Tree Farm: Silver Bell offers Christmas consumers two options — a tree lot with pre-cut evergreens or a farm, where you can cut your own. Both are in relative proximity to Burnsville. The lot is in Apple Valley at 5049 Upper 141 Street West. Hours run Monday through Friday from 3:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Silver Bell Tree Farm is located at 23065 Chippendale Ave in Farmington. The phone number is 612-325-7736. Hours run Monday through Friday from 2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Sunday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
3) Gifford's Tree Farm: Come and cut you rown balsam fir, white, blue, green or black hill spruce — ranging in size from four feet to 12.
Address: 23240 Texas Avenue, Lakeville, MN 55044
Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. daily.
4) Revak Nursery (Lakeville): Similar to shopping for Christmas gifts, finding the right tree can leave you miles from home, looking at row after row of evergreens. If heading a half hour south is your cup of tea (or nog), you'll want to check out this tree farm that has not only trees, but an entire Christmas decoration shop and more than a quarter century of experience to (snow) boot.
Address: 24066 Pillsbury Avenue, Lakeville, MN 55044
Hours: Weekends and Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday, 2:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
5) Ogema Point Farm (Eden Prairie): Put some hot cocoa in the thermos, load up the family—don't forget the rope—and head to the southwest metro. Ogema Point offers its patrons the option of either cutting their own tree or buying one that has already been plucked from the ground.
Address: 11564 Raspberry Hill Road, Eden Prairie, MN 55344
Phone: (952) 942-6159