Editor's Note: The following is a press release from the DFL.
With the new school year underway, DFL legislators and candidates will host an education forum on Wednesday, Sept. 19 to discuss the state of education in south metro schools.
At the forum, state representatives and DFL candidates will talk about the state budget and its real impact on south metro schools over the past two years. In 2011, the state legislature voted to borrow over $2 billion from Minnesota schools with no plan to pay them back. Local teachers and administrators from south metro schools will join the candidates to discuss what impact they are seeing in their schools.
- State Rep. Ryan Winkler (DFL – Golden Valley)
- State Rep. Carlos Mariani (DFL – St. Paul)
- Laurie Halverson, candidate HD 51B
- Will Morgan, candidate HD 56B
- Sandy Masin, candidate HD 51A
- Roberta Gibbons, candidate HD57A
WHAT: South Metro Education Forum
WHERE: Wescott Library 1340 Wescott Road Eagan, MN 55123-1029
WHEN: Wednesday, Sept. 19, 7 to 8 p.m.