Count your blessings, Burnsville residents. When it comes to commute times, you have it better than most.
Burnsville residents spend on average about 23 minutes in the car on a one-way trip, according to data released by the U.S. Census Bureau.
See how that stacks up with the commute times for other Twin Cities suburbs using this interactive map, produced by WNYC's John Keefe.
The map, developed using data taken from the 2006-2011 U.S. Census Bureau American Community Survey five-year estimates, shows the average commute time nationwide is 25.4 minutes.
In the Twin Cities metro area, the communities with the worst average commute times include many of the far northern suburbs, like East Bethel, Monticello and Montrose. In those communities, the average commute is 30+ minutes.
Tell us your commuting horror story by posting in the comments section below.
See More on Patch
- Ceremonies to Honor Fallen Military Members This Memorial Day
- Study Gives Burnsville Schools Low Grades for Student Performance, Achievement Gap
- Autistic Men at Center of Sign Ordinance Debate: South Metro Roundup
- Kids 'n Kinship Skating Fundraiser Scheduled for Sunday
- Sleet to Become Snow This Afternoon: Hazardous Weather Outlook in Burnsville