And the No. 1 Story of the Year Is...
Fatal car crashes, big business developments and some weird, weird weather, but one story stood out from the rest in 2012.
Editor's Note: As the New Year approaches, Burnsville Patch will review the Top 10 most significant stories of 2012, in terms of total pageviews and impact to the community. Disagree with our assessment, or have other stories you think should've made the Top 10? Please post your feedback or thoughts in the comment stream below. And be sure to check back tomorrow to see the next story in our New Year's countdown.
If the popularity of this story proves anything, it's that the web works in mysterious ways. This specific article actually made its debut on May 18, 2011, but it is the unquestioned champion of all in 2012. Over the last 12 months, it has gathered more pageviews than any other local story, even the followup about the actual opening of Burnsville's new Walmart on Oct. 27.
See all coverage connected to this story:
- Walmart On the Way
- Burnsville Walmart Opens Friday, Oct. 26
- It's Official: Burnsville, We Have A Walmart
- Wal-Mart Stakes Claim in Burnsville—And Beyond
- Burnsville, Are You Ready for Wal-Mart?
See all stories in the Top 5 (and more)
- No. 1 Story of the Year: Walmart on the Way
- No. 2 Story of the Year: Police Arrest Man Charged with Sexual Conduct with Burnsville Girl
- No. 3 Story of the Year: Second Teen Dies After Fatal Crash on I-35W
- No. 4 Story of the Year: Two Tornadoes Touch Down in Burnsville
- No. 5 Story of the Year: Ribbon Cutting, Acquisition and Law Suit Top Off Tumultuous Month at Goodrich
- No. 6: UPDATED: Burnsville-Savage General Election Results 2012
- No. 7: Visitation for Alesha Roehl, 17-year-old Crash Victim, Set for Friday
- No. 8: Burnsville Woman in Critical Condition After 4-vehicle Pileup on I-35W
- No. 9: Celebration Church Co-Founder Lowell Lundstrom Dies
- No. 10: From Hooters to Hurricane